Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to all Mother's out there. Almost 2 years ago, when my little K was born, I learned just what being a mother is all about ...un-dying LOVE and complete self-sacrifice. I'm so lucky to be a mother to the sweetest "almost" 2 year old I know.

My handsome little boy

Super Silly

Kellan made me this awesome pen-holding flower pot, he was really excited to give it to me!

Blurred self portrait

Nearly impossible these days to get a good picture
Love and appreciation goes out to all Mother's in my life...you are special ladies and I love you so much! But this Mother's Day my thoughts are with my Step-Mother Annalee. For the past 3 weeks she has been in Panama, enduring stem-cell therapy. We miss her so much, but pray that this time away will help her quality of life.  She has been someone I looked up to since I was 7 years old, but since her accident just 18 short months ago, she has blown me away with her strength, determination, and good spirit. Everytime I feel like I can't do something, I think of her and I dig deep for strengh, because I know she does it every minute of everyday for even the simplest of tasks. 

You can follow her inspirational journey here:  Four Weeks in Panama and see a pretty great video that she and her friends made below:




No comments:

Post a Comment