Monday, April 19, 2010

Upstairs Bath Remodel

One bathroom down, a whole house to go!

We finally just about finished our upstairs bathroom min-remodel, and just in time for 5 house guests!  I have to say that i'm really happy with the way it turned out.  MC is my hero for pulling it off! Between my back and the growing bean, I had to sit out on a lot of the fun.

Had I remembered to take better before shot, you would see a space that had been painted 5 different colors by 2 teenagers and then topped off with a lazy coat of white prior to our purchase of the home, yellow standard oak cabinets, a large flat vanity mirror and the traditional hideous row of vanity lights.

We worked on a tight budget and didn't change as much as we would have liked.  Our inital plan was to just give everything a fresh coat of paint, but I really lucked out that MC broke the giant mirror over the vanity so we were able to spruce up the space with 2 separate mirrors and individual vanity lights.  I think this made the biggest difference! In trying to keep with the theme of the house, we chose a soft grey brown for the walls, cream with aged nickel pulls for the cabinets, and white accents for the rest. It sort of fell into a bright beachy theme but it seems to work well for the the space. And its gender neutral so it will work as our son's bathroom as well as the main guest bathroom.

This is my only before pic.  At this point MC had already painted the walls, doors and ceiling, and we had already primered the cabinets.  The mirror pictured was not used.

And here are my after shots!  I'm really happy with the way the cabinets turned out.  We were scared to paint them, i've had some sticky luck with this in the past, but the key was to give them ample drying time before re-hanging everything.


We are lucky to have tall ceilings, so I used a 96" White Waffel Shower curtain, I love how it draws the eye up and away from the remaining ugly lanolium floors and dated vinyl shower insert. 


Just need to add a few more decorative touches and some hooks in the water closet and we can completely mark this room off the list.

One of these days I will have a better camera to capture our Labor's of Love.  Until then...

Enjoy!

xoxo

3 comments: