Thursday, September 30, 2010

September


It's been a while since I could post.  September, where did you go?  This month flew by and tomorrow is October...my favorite month!  We've had a nice long Indian Summer here in Reno.  Some days there are hints of Fall in the air, other days (like most this week) it's still hot as can be.

Anyhoo, this month MC and I got out of town for a few days.  Our good friends were married down in Vegas. (Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. C. D.!!) It was a hard decision to leave little boomers at home, but it was nice to get away just the two of us.  I'm embarrased to say that both nights we were away I was in bed by 10pm.  I just could not wait to get up to that big king sized bed and sleep the whole night through (something I hadnt experienced in 9 weeks).  It was lovely.  I can't tell you how excited I was to get home though.  A weekend of good fun and good sleep left me refreshed and even more appreciative of all the good I have in my life.  Plus, Kellan had a great time with Titi Miche, who was awesome at sending me hourly picture text updates.
MC and I at the the Wedding


This month Kellan has grown like crazy.  Since birth he has gained 4 lbs and grown 4 inches! Big Boy!!  His adorable (yet prickly) personality is starting to shine through.  We live for the little smiles and sounds he has started to share daily.  He's just a rolly polly little bundle that I can't help but smother in kisses!  I've been really lucky to be able to spend the last month working from home two days a week.  Though it has had its trying moments, i've forced myself to just slow down and appreciate the fact that I get to see his face all day long.  Starting Monday I am back in the office 4 days a week.  I will still get to do Wednesdays at home, so I suppose I shouldnt be too blue.

As for me, I am finally starting to feel like whatever cloud has been hovering over me has lifted.  Though my sciatica is still being a literal pain-in-the-ass, the fact that I will be at work 4 days a week will make it so much easier for me to get back in the gym.  I love working out at lunch.  I have struggled lately because work has been allowing me to work through lunch so I could head home early.  I have great aspirations of making it to the gym, but when the shift bell rings...my car can't help but drive strait home to K.  Then we get home, and he's hungry, and i'm hungry and tired and have to cook dinner and do laundry and wash bottles.  Before I know it, it's 9:15, I havent worked out and there is no energy to be found.  Time for bed.  So yeah, I think this new schedule will be good.  See ya later spare tire!

Good Stuff Posted below:

Le Tigre Blanche...raaaaaar

Who's my big man??

Daddy doesnt understand that not everyone wants to be a 49er fan.

Ceiling fans are sooo silly!
Handsome Daddy and Sleepy Baby

Really bad pic of mommy posted because of the chubby goodness in her arms.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment