Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Overworked or Blogging Slump?

I'm feeling guilty because i've neglected my blog for a few weeks.  Things have been feeling a bit crazy.  When you put in 55 hrs in a work week, it leaves very little time to do the things that you need (let alone want) to do.  All this time at my desk has me missing my baby, who, by the way, is practically a grown boy.  Last week while I was working my butt off, he learned how to wave bye-bye, clap, and say "uh-oh".  The fact that he is mearly days away from crawling has be saying "uh-oh" myself.  Time to child proof.




Below are a couple pictures from my first Day for Mama's. It was very special and I was totally surprised blown away by the gorgeous necklace that MC had made for me.




I've been running.  I've been running a lot.  3 weeks ago I did my first half marathon with running partner-in-crime Kimmon.  It was painful. And by painful I mean, I tried my hardest not to puke the entire last 3 miles. In the last mile I ran by someone elses puke and was comforted in the fact that I was not alone.  Also painful, was my time.  I so wanted to break 2 hours, but came in at 2 hrs 12 mins.  Not sure what I expected, as I had spent the month prior to the run recovering from a cold and respitory infection.  My goal is to do it again, and kill it.  By Kill It I mean, 1 hr 45 mins tops!


Next weekend Kimmon and I will be fearlessly leading a team of 12 through the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey.  Better known as the RTO, this  2-day 178 mile race starts in Reno, goes around Lake Tahoe, down into Carson City, Up into Virginia City, Directly in front of my house where I may opt to lay down and die, and then ends where we started in Downtown Reno.  For months Kimmon and I have been planning this thing.  We've lost and replaced 6 runners, exchanged over 25 checks, and sent countless emails and texts.  Let me just say, i've gone grey trying to plan this thing.  Can't wait for it to be over!  We keep saying we will never captian this again, but we laugh knowing that after the race is done and we are enjoying beers at the After Party, we will already be planning our next year's team.  That's how we roll!




No comments:

Post a Comment