Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kellan's 1st Birthday

Am I the worst or what!?  My little Kellan turned 1 almost a month and a half ago and I have yet to share the deets of his first and very special birthday party!  First of all, let me start by saying I don't think this past year could have been any more crazy.  I mean, wow.  They tell you having a baby changes things, but holy cow, basically from the second you meet your little one, someone has pressed the fast forward button on your life.

July 14, 2010
My Sweet Little Sugar Lump
From the moment I could feel this little guy growing and dancing in my belly, I knew he was special.  But when I met him and held him and smelled him...I knew he was the love of my life.  I can't believe its already been over a year since I was waddeling around complaing that he was NEVER going to come and coming home from work only to walk straight to the backyard to stand under the running hose, fully clothed, because nothing could cool off my whale of body.  I was a joy, I'm sure.

July 14, 2011
Our Crazy-Happy Little Stink

1 Year later...here we are.  I've got a sweet, wild and crazy, happy little boy and I honestly he's more wonderful than I could ever dream! I did so much research and planning for his BIG ONE and in the end, threw up my hands and say, "we're keeping it family and we're keeping it easy." So, exactly 1 year and 1 hr to the day of his birth, we celebrated with family and had a wonderful stress-free mid-week afternoon party!

Unedited pics with really bad lighting to follow:


Daddy made his own party hat. 
Can you tell which one was his?





Bummer about the lighting!


Kellan was awesome! He loved the party, he loved his birthday song, cake and all his presents.  Our family left happy...in party hats.  I couldn't have asked for more...except for better pictures and a cake that wasnt sporting the colors of the Mexican Flag.  I guess when you suggest to a baker to pick 3 bold colors for the inside of the cake, you should consider their nationality.   Super tasty cake none-the-less!

No comments:

Post a Comment